Skype
RantzOn

Nyan Cat - Genre Hopping Nyan Cat - Genre Hopping

I'm going to be a full 100% with you.

You recaptured everything that made the Nyan Cat Meme what it is today, and expanded it perfectly. This is a cute, Short animation that captures the imagination. I honestly can't stop watching it because of this. Perfect representations of all the genres of music that Nyan Cat hops about in. The animation is smooth but simple, and dispite the multiple types of scenes that are put in, Each and every one of them are perfectly fittng.

I'll admit, I was just captivated at the Heavy metal one as well as the Ocktober fest one. The Polka version of the song is just brilliant.

Also didn't think I'd hear a Ska Version of Nyan cat until today

Dinosaur Animation Dinosaur Animation

Man I remember auditioning for this with my Buddy Ika. Shock-Dingo is a bit of an inspiration after hearing the final product. Good job you two!

Steinberg responds:

Aww, I'm sorry I didnt pick you, so many people applied I even lost count! I'm glad you liked it though! :)

I Message I Message

I wonder if Byoubyanese knows that you animated some of his flashes as of late.

Also this is a great animation, Smooth and the sound is clean and portrays the joke perfectly.

Friendship cant be cloned Friendship cant be cloned

A somewhat-unique concept brought about in a enjoyably playable state.

Friendship can't be cloned feels like a bullet hell without the bullets, however I can't say I agree with the author's style choice.

Starting with the game play, the player controls Fluttershy, who is orbited by blades that act as her one and only attack. This is not a hindrance, as it makes up the backbone of the experience; playing a haphazard game of keep away with large, intricate enemies made up of many segments, and a core. These pieces can harm you, which floods the Fluttershy sprite with red. You can also collect two powerups, one that increases your blade's length (And I assume damage?) and the other transforms Fluttershy into a vampire of sorts.

This is where it becomes a bit more vague, the vampire powerup only seems to illuminate one level and if it did something else, I feel like it was either negligible, or hard to discern. Gameplay, while not stiff, is short and it is sometimes difficult to tell how close to dieing you are, as there are no health bars.

I will praise the game for having fantastic enemies to fight, complex and a noticeable amount of care and love was put into making them (Albeit sometimes seeming cluttered), and the level backgrounds had a sort of new-age abstract-ism to them that fit the gameplay and music well.

The one point I'm not too thrilled about is the lack of creativity with player character design or story. While the multiple endings were a good touch, I feel like the My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic Characters were completely and utterly out of place, if not unnecessary to the game's short lived exposition. New, unique, and original characters could have been used for the same purpose and the game could have gotten more attention without the pseudo fanfiction.

Bottom Line: Friendship can't be cloned is a enjoyable game in of itself that is only bogged by a lack of a static health bar and a little hit detection issues that make the game feel weightless as it calculates damage. A lack of a more original storyline may put off some users, but it won't stop everyone.

3/5 stars.

aparisius responds:

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. It is very frustrating that people give you bad ratings but they don't say why.

1. When you're a vampire, you have night vision, regeneration x2, and daggers are more separated from you. I will include instructions in the next game.

2. I thought the life bars were unnecessary because your character changes theircolor. I will include it in the next game too.

3. It is difficult to write a good story for a game of 8 minutes. I think the story is good, but is poorly told by the lack of time. The next game will last longer.

4. Remember that 2 of the 4 characters are clones. So they have the physical appearance of Fluttershy, but they don't have to have her personality. That's why the game is called "friendship can't be clonned", because you can clone someone's body, but not his/her mind. That's why Clone #01 is so different from the original Fluttershy.

5. Hit detection issues are caused because I used a code that uses squares to detect collisions. There are more precise codes, but they require a more powerful computer, and I wanted that anyone could play my game, even with a toaster.

That's all. Thank you for your review. I wish all the players were like you.

YouFindYourselfInARoom YouFindYourselfInARoom

Great, fantastic game. And it seems that my number was 43010

Fear Less! Fear Less!

I took the time to finish this game. What I expected was a normal hop-and-bop type play style, however when I got down to it. I got an addictive, beautiful example of a Retro-Pixel art style (With a optional Retro filter, Neat!) and a warm little story.

Great animations that give the game a lot of credible personality paired with an addictive play style made getting the metals and unlocking the ending all the better.

Great job, and I'm looking forward to that larger project you two are working on.

Peace!

Dancing Sounds Dancing Sounds

Love it! I'll be using this in a KSP LP Outro. I'll link the audio here and to your profile! Cheers!

Don't Take My Fingers, Take My Hand Don't Take My Fingers, Take My Hand

"Why"

Man, That guy obviously has no taste. This is well composed and shows great finger dexterity. Keep the good work up. I love this pieve

Traditions (Preview) Traditions (Preview)

You know, I'm not a singer, never tried to sing before. But after listening to this rocking piece, I'm going to give it a shot today.

JaxChords responds:

Nice Man! Hopefully it's the start to something great!